"Claire has helped me enormously. The tears are under control, humour and balance have returned to my life. My husband and children are benefiting from a much happier mum and wife. Thank you so, so much. You have helped me more than I could have imagined."
CS - Bromley
Claire Oakeley, MSc, MBACP (Accred)
I am an accredited BACP counsellor specialising in working with mothers and mothers-to-be. Motherhood can be a stressful time for women for various reasons. Seeking support to talk things through is a positive step forward.
I have over a decade of experience working one-to-one with women and provide support for a variety of issues. These include anxiety, antenatal & post-natal depression, infertility, miscarriage, stress, loss, relationship issues and family & step-family issues.
I am existential practitioner and I work integratively. This means I incorporate elements of CBT and mindfulness into my approach. I work from a non-judgemental perspective, viewing difficulties as problems in living rather than 'disorders'. Together we can look at the choices and possibilities arising from your current situation - and work towards understanding your options and what you might like from life.
I am committed to providing the very best support to those going through periods of personal change or experiencing emotional difficulties. With experience across multiple sectors, I have helped a wide range of people through variety of challenges. As part of my commitment to ethical practice, I undertake regular clinical supervision & a programme of continuing professional development.
In addition to my counselling work, I am also studying for my doctorate at NSPC/Middlesex University. My research focus is postnatal anxiety.
I offer private appointments during school hours in term time only.
- Currently Post-graduate Doctoral Student - Middlesex University/NSPC.
- Masters (MSc) - Therapeutic Counselling (With Distinction) - University of Greenwich
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) Teacher Training - Dr Patrizia Collard
- Accredited Member - British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Registered Member No. 31157 - British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Member of the Society for Existential Analysis (SEA)
- Member of Universities Psychotherapy and Counselling Associaion (UPCA)